Working in events every day is different!
Working in events doesn’t usually require having a professional background – but it does require someone who is organised, professional, great at communication and more.
At university there are now events management degrees, but having a university qualification is not the only way to get into the sector!
Contact us for amazing job opportunities
Each day is different and re-inventing to come up with creative exciting ideas. You will never get bored – everything is new.
Your Role In Events
From the begining you will overview the whole project from the first stages to the moment of the event.
Your daily duties might include:
- creative team – producing original ideas for events
- publicising the event – using a specialist media company to deliver a digital out-of-home advertising campaign
- event management – agreeing budgets and timescales with the client
- event logistics – researching venues, contacts and suppliers
- accounts – negotiating prices with suppliers and contractors
- administration – hiring staff, booking venues, entertainment, equipment and supplies
- planning – hiring contractors, e.g. caterers and security
- management – managing a team
What’s so great about events
Working in events has many benefits:
The opportunity to travel – many people have travelled all over the world as part of their job – you can see great cities and places whilst working
Personal development – being in a fast paced environment trains you to think on your feet and multi-task
View your work – you can see the results of your hard work
Read More: What is it like working in event management